Until the body of Christ comes to its senses and recognizes there is not a person on this earth who can pull us out of the chaos in the world today, there will be no change and the end of times will come upon us quickly and like a thief in the night when you least expect it.
Thousands upon thousands are saying that God appoints kings and removes kings. Yes, in Daniel 2:21 he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: ... so, you see, when God appoints a king, he appoints one who has knowledge, (i.e. “acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation”) and then one who has the wisdom of knowing what to do with this knowledge.
In 1 Samuel 8, we find Israel losing faith in the leadership because as Samuel was getting old he appointed his two sons as judges. (1 Sam 8:3) “But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.” Hmmm? Sounds like things happening in the world today.
The people had turned from the leadership of God and requested that Samuel appoint a man as king, they wanted no more judges, “Give us a king to lead us,” (1 Sam 8:6) and God’s reply to Samuel when he went to present the grievance before God is as valid today as was when he gave it to Samuel. So, they were actually worshipping man rather God.
This is what the LORD told Samuel:
And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. 8 As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.” (1 Samuel 8:7-9)
1 Samuel 8: 10-18) 10 Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. 11 He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights:
THESE ARE THE RIGHTS THE APPOINTED KING OF MAN WILL CLAIM:
1. Vs 11 He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots.
2. vs 12 Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.
3. vs 13 He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers.
4. vs 14 He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants.
5. vs 15 He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants.
6. vs 16 Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle[c] and donkeys he will take for his own use.
7. vs 17 He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves.
8. vs 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”
19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.” (1 Samuel 8:19-20)
NOTE: Re-read these as is relates to the leaders (i.e. presidents) rulers of today and ask yourself; “is this very much different from today? We are required to work and pay a portion of our earnings to the powers that be and, who might that power be?
Samuel tried his best to warn them of the coming storm, but they did not believe and so he gave them their king.
21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. 22 The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”…(1 Samuel 8:21-22)
Yes, God is still in control. However, this resembles the world today. We have become anxious and we forget.